0800 644 6394 | info@pro-electrical.co.uk

Part P

Customer in Henfield

May 2018

Ceiling down lighters and additional wall sockets.


“First class job completed by friendly skilled electricians. Will definitely use again.”


Electricity Can Kill!


Government statistics show us that around 15% of all fires within homes in the UK have been caused by electrical faults. In one year this has proven to result in 19 deaths and 1,117 injuries as well as a further 21 deaths and 2,788 injuries caused by electric shocks in the home. That’s why we are here to help prevent something like this happening to your home in Henfield.


Every day we are using more and more electrical items and worrying statistics from the government show us that although older homes are more at risk of electrical faults, over two million homes in the UK need electrical repair. Due to having more electrical appliances within the home, it means the risk of electrical accidents will continue to rise.


As per Part P and 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations BS7671:2008, if you live in England or Wales you are now required to use an electrician to carry out electrical work- which was our team here at Pro Electrical step in. If you do not you are not only risking hefty penalties but also your own life and the lives of your family, employees and customers. The government have increased these legislations to try and prevent a large number of accidents and deaths that are taking place due to faulty electrical installations and electric repairs.


Here at Pro Electrical our electrical engineers are all Part P certified, this means that any work we complete we are able to submit our own work to build a control for a Part P certification. When we complete electrical work for our clients in Henfield, we will give them all the electrical certificates they require and a separate certificate will be sent from building control acknowledging that the electrical work has been completed and submitted.


A building control officer, instead of a Part P registered electrical engineer, can complete this inspection but a fee would be charged for the service.


If you are looking for a reliable, experienced, professional and Part P registered electrical contractor then give us a call – we are happy to answer any questions you may have.